Cleaning Services for Aalborg boilers
Your Alfa Laval Aalborg boiler accounts for much of your vessel’s fuel consumption, so even a minor decrease in its heat transfer efficiency has an impact on operating costs. By washing the boiler regularly to remove accumulated soot, you can keep its efficiency at a maximum.
We provide the Alfa Laval Aalborg boiler water washing kit for removing soot from pin tubes and other heat transfer surfaces in your boiler’s convection section. Although Aalborg boilers have a high gas velocity that minimizes fouling under normal combustion conditions, a certain amount of soot build-up will inevitably occur over time. The washing procedure combines soaking with clean water and the use of compressed air to create turbulence. This is an efficient and affordable cleaning method with excellent results.
The water washing kit makes cleaning the boiler easy, as demonstrated on the container ship Maersk Dubrovnik. Tests performed on the vessel’s 4000 kg/h oil-fired Aalborg boiler have shown the crew can perform cleaning in as little as 7-8 hours. This small time investment can result in measurable savings. Marine industry statistics show that a soot build-up of just 0.8 mmm corresponds to a 2% fuel loss.
Please contact us for questions and service requests.
For marine service, please call
+46 4636 7700
or send an e-mail to
- Easy, cost-effective cleaning performed by the crew
- Improved heat transfer efficiency
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Lower operating costs
- Longer service life of boiler elements
Cleaning services for Aalborg boilers
Scope of supply
The Alfa Laval Aalborg boiler water washing kit can be used with Alfa Laval Aalborg OS, OC, OM and D steam boilers. The kit comprises a specially designed cleaning device, as well as a guide with well-documented cleaning procedures.
Scope of service
The crew performs cleaning with the Alfa Laval Aalborg boiler water washing kit, which dissolves bonding material and washes away the loosened carbon deposits.
The procedure involves:
- Shutdown of the boiler and cooling to around 60°C
- Attachment of cleaning plugs and collectors to pin tubes
- Filling with clean water
- Continuous injection of compressed air
- Addition of cleaning chemicals (only in the case of severe fouling)
- Draining into sludge tank
Other 360° Service Portfolio services for your equipment
- Alfa Laval Installation Supervision for Aalborg boilers
- Alfa Laval Installation for Aalborg boilers
- Alfa Laval Replacement for Aalborg boilers
- Alfa Laval Retrofit for Aalborg boilers – waste heat recovery